Saturday, May 30, 2009

NO TB and other exciting things!

The girls do not have TB!!! Yes! Now we can book our flights and get to packing!!
This is the news we have been waiting for. From here on out not more red lights. This is really happening.

Yesterday this all took place. I happened to take the boys to Six Flags with my sister in laws and their kids.


Christy called while we were there and during our picnic lunch I called her back. No answer. I called my husband and he said what I thought he was going to say. No tb, we will be travelling:) Here's a picture of Jackson talking to him on the phone:


I talked to Christy for as long as I could until the sound of craziness all around me drowned her out. I asked her about the bmom meeting. She said it is hard and we all will cry (A LOT)but the kids just know it is how it is and they usually don't have a horribly hard time leaving her. They just know that is how it is. I just imagine the scenerio of a mom who leaves her child in the nursery for the first time, or daycare. Kicking, screaming, pushing away at the caregiver. I guess I will prepare for the worst and if something better happens so be it.

Christy said she spent a lot of time with B while she was there a month ago. B is excited about us. They colored a lot and she knows some English. She knows how to say pink and purple, her favorite colors. M just plays and wanders around!

She sent me an update email which is just as exciting as hearing we are travelling June 14th. Here is what it said about our girls:

NUTRITION:
Bethlehem likes Eggs, Rice, Meat, Bananas and likes to drink milk as well. She is a very good eater, and can use utensils very well.

Mahder likes fruits, especially meat and Ethiopian traditional food like Enjera and Shiro.

RELATIONSHIPS:

Names of Special Mothers: Birhan, Aster, Alem Genet and Saba
Bethlehem is smiley, she likes playing with her sister and with other kids. She is both girly girl and tomboy, likes to play sports and is tough but also really likes pretty things, really likes girl colors.
Mahder plays with toys and with the other kids. She is very sociable, happy and creative. She does very well at expressing herself and her needs to the staff. She really loves Bethlehem and will sometimes tag along after her.

1.Bethlehem
2.Mahder
1.HC: 48.5 cm
2.HC: 46.5 cm
1.Height: 118 cm
2.Height: 95.5 cm
1.Weight: 40.4 LB
2.Weight: 30.2 LB
1.T-Shirt: M 7/8
2.T-Shirt: 2T
1.Pant: 5T
2.Pant : 24m
1.Shoes: 10 ½
2.Shoes: 5 ½

All I can say is "Hang on girls, Daddy and Mommy are coming!!"

11 comments:

Ron & Maria said...

You have a milk drinker!
Our kiddos don't drink milk....unless there's chocolate in it... and still M won't touch it... unless it's frozen and called ice cream.....

ENJOY IT ALL! IT's becoming so real!

Angela said...

YEAH!!!! Wow, what a smooth process for you guys! God is all over this!

Tisha Alexander said...

AMBER, I am so happy for you!!! You are leaving so soon...yay. :)

Calmil2 said...

Great News!!! How old are the girls?

Sarah said...

Amber, my name is Sarah and I am a friend of Nell Ann and Justin Galindo. They had so many donations to take to Hannah's Hope this week that they could fit all of it. Therefor, I have several packages of diapers and a Bumbo baby seat at my house in San Antonio that need to travel over there. I found your blog through theirs and am so excited to read about your journey to your daughters. I saw that you are traveling soon. Do you have room for these donations? I am a high school student council sponsor and my officers collected all the money for the items I have. I would love to mail them to you if you can fit them in your baggage. If not, no worries. Nell Ann said she can find another family to hopefully take them this summer. If this a possibility for you, please email me at sarahcj@gmail.com. Thanks and congratulations! You are a gift to be carrying out God's plan for a forever family for your girls!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

What great news!!!! Answered prayers!!!!!! Praise God, now you just get to go over soon, and bring them HOME!!!! Yeah!!!!

Eastiopians said...

YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!! That is GREAT news!!!!!!

Blog Shmog said...

that is great news!! you are almost there!!

christine said...

Awesome!!! I can't wait to see more pics of those precious girls!! so happy for you all!

Becky said...

Yea for sizes! Now you can really go shopping :) Have fun.

K_I_T_ said...

I am new to your blog. How exciting it is to hear you can make travel plans. We are still waiting for our referral. So glad thing are going well....