I have prolonged this trip recollection from over one year ago for way to long. The last of it that I'd like to share is that the last day was sad. Sad to go to HH and say goodbye to the kids and caretakers. It was hard on everyone involved. After we left HH and went back to our hotel, we packed up. We waited and ate in the lobby, we tried to play outside and soak in as much as we could. It was the struggle of not wanting to jerk the girls from the home land and dying to see our 3 boys back here in the states. This was the longest they had been without us and we only called home twice while in ET...we were ready. The girls had wrote enough love letters to our boys to wallpaper our bathroom..they were ready too.
I love that I bought a journal to fill with my thoughts and the girls thoughts, doodles and pictures. If I hadn't taken that we wouldn't have had Bethlehem's name written in Amhariac to keep. It didn't take her long at all to forget that.
Once 4 o'clock pm rolled around we were all filing on the bus to take that trip to the airport. It was sad to say goodbye to our new friends and to that familiar land the girls have only known.
I remember shedding some tears as we got off the bus and hugged the other families, not knowing if we would see them once we got in the airport. Good thing we did because some did go their own way.
We were a little, a lot nervous about Jerusa M. being in a crowded environment where see could run like the wind at the drop of a hat. She could and would do that!! She is free spirit unlike any I have ever known.
After we weaved through the rope maze, made our ticket and bag check and made it to our gate I got the girls in p.j.'s and potty breaks. Then we were in line to board and Jerusa had a major meltdown. It was so sad and I thought my husband was going to loose his mind. There was no calming her down until she finally fell asleep.
We were on the plane that the girls thought was so cool and buckling in. I turned my face away so the girls couldn't see me(they didn't like it when I cried) and SOBBED. Here we were taking them from their family, their home, the food and smells and language and culture that they have always known. I really had an unexpected struggle with it. I didn't forsee it but here it was. So..the plane was taking off and we were flying them home.
God, thank you for walking with us while we sought to do what you gently spoke to our spirits. You made every provision as we obeyed. You are God and nothing is impossible with You.
No comments:
Post a Comment