Monday, November 17, 2008

finally fingerprints!!

I have talked about these biometric fingerprints for weeks literally and now we got them done today. HOORAY. You would not believe how hard they were to find. We went on two seperated days to an office where the fingerprints lady had left early. ugh... but today we had a very hard time finding the location(you cannot call them either) but she was there! yay. She also understood where we were coming from with all of our thoughts about it. She said she enters her fingerprints every night and has been getting back results with 2-3 days. That is good news considering our homestudy lady said 6 weeks.

So I am going to make a Dossier check list here:

  1. fingerprints from local police department
  2. 2 letters of recommendation from friends, must be notarized
  3. finish one more adoption class online
  4. review and recieve homestudy from Connie
  5. get letter sent to sec. of state
begin applying for i 600 prints will be coming up

and

i get a phone call from agci this week!

i have started to sell some goodies on etsy if you are interested in getting something special for that special someone!! we are using that money for this adoption...so we gladly look for it!!

thanks and hope everyone is well..

amber

1 comment:

Angela said...

Wow you're really moving along in the process. I was wondering what was a biometric and was meaning to look it up. Thanks a bunch for explaining. Hopefully one day I'll have mine completed as well.