Monday, September 22, 2008

Who?

Thus the Woodsy picture fits this "who" theme so nicely.

Who could sleep last night? Not I said the fly. I had visited all of these wonderful blogs last night and it got my mind racing about all of this baby girl business. The thought that stuck with me through today is: When she is ready to graduate I will be over 50! But then an even better thought came to mind. Some folks may adopt at that age. I don't know any at the moment, but I would like to.

Who would have thought we would adopt. I love to read the stories of families who always knew that someday they would adopt. It is so romantic to me. We are not one of those stories. As a child I use to make myself sad thinking that I was adopted and asking my mom if I was (I wasn't). We got pregnant months after our wedding, unplanned by the way. Then we got pregnant a few years later without a hitch. We never even talked about adopting. I know, doesn't this make for a great scrapbook page for our girlie someday. And then my cousin became pregnant with Niv. Our world turned around and upside down. My husband fell in love with another female. I couldn't deny the thought of denying us of this experience to call a baby girl ours. You see, I was very sick in pregnancy. The non-functional kind of sick. So after the twins we agreed that we were finished producing and were content with our family. And then came Niv. At church, my husband would race to grab Niv, hold her and pray with her. We would beg to borrow her for one afternoon and make her grandparents jealous. The first time we had her I had to plead with the boys not to kiss her cheeks anymore while she is napping for fear they will wake her. While she is an immense part of this choice, God is the biggest. While attending a Fusion Conference in Washington D.C. last summer we decided we are going to adopt from Africa. We came home and told our parents and then the decision sat in an incubator in our spirit until now.
Who are we to accept this wonder?
Who am I that you are mindful of me?
Thank you Lord for spending time on us, to direct us to this calling.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hi Amber! Just wanted to check if you are still interested in that blog makeover. Send me an email- ncochrane3@hotmail.com if you are!

Nikki